Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Decluttering One Space At A Time

Since I am still in the midst of recovering from surgery, I promised myself that I will be taking things easy. First thing I did was stop taking orders from my online shop and my distribution of Ecobloks-- quite challenging because I really enjoy transacting with fellow moms and it was part of my commitment to BiD Network and Philippine Business for Social Progress to grow Ecobloks.

But that's just work. If there was something I realized during my on and off confinement at the hospital, I have more important commitments for my husband, my daughter and to myself. Yes we need the extra income, but let's just say I am more willing to be frugal now.

Of course, I just don't lie down in bed at all times. While being more focused in planning the menu of the family and preparing hubby's baon daily, I promised myself to declutter at least one space at home per day.


Our pantry. There was a renovation done at our kitchen hence the bigger storage space.

It was very therapeutic. I was so happy when a guest told me that my house now has a different vibe. It used to be a bit gloomy because the design of our interiors was very minimalist with a limited palette of gray, brown and white. It looked good in pictures but felt cold and unfriendly in actuality. Aside from the new orange wall as suggested by my husband, I re-arranged our bar and removed the unnecessary clutter (old toys, bills, etc) and enhanced the living/ dining area with some interesting details (i.e., a plant, artworks).

My husband was against showing pictures of our house, so I just shared some spaces where I did some decluttering, such as the medicine cabinet and our pantry (well, we're nearing month end so it's close to empty).


Aside from organizing the medical items, I also threw away expired medicines.

No comments:

Post a Comment