Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hubby's New Book

Last year, I erased most of the posts that obviously revealed my identity. While I was everywhere for 2 years because of my flourishing business, I decided to hibernate and stay away from all the attention I was getting. No to media features. Even my Facebook is not searchable.

It will be one year this month since my name was replaced to "Philippines" when I competed in the Women in Business competition in the Netherlands. Pregnant at 4 months. I erased that popular post. Only later to disappoint my country by dropping my creation-- my life's meaning-- and go back to the more familiar life in the corporate world. I sold my rights of Ecobloks to my co-founder. That decision was quite discreet.

To those who have been following my story, I lost my second daughter last year so she can save me. She was born prematurely at 22 weeks and lived only for 8 hours. She could have been 24 weeks when my appendix ruptured. By then, she could have survived the outside world with her more developed organs. But she came out first. She may have known that I would have chosen her before my own life.

Ecobloks was a constant reminder of Lira.

Since last week, God has been leading me to roads towards my healing.

Today, my husband told me that he has a new book out.



"Ang Lumang Kumot ni Lola," I believe is the first published work of my husband before he has gone mainstream. It first came out in Junior Inquirer about 10 years ago and was illustrated by May Tobias-Papa, who became my online friend because our kids are both gifted visual artists.

And what has "Ang Lumang Kumot ni Lola" something to do with my healing and anonymity?

I realized that there's nothing to be ashamed of because of our disappointments. Maybe an affirmation of my husband who never stopped trying to share his talents. That's why books, even of early works, continue to come out because of his positive disposition.

Time and again, God will find a way to tell us that everything will be alright. Though I am back to corporate life, God is telling me that maybe this uncharted territory after Ecobloks will lead me to something better. This is where my talent is needed. Maybe not in Ecobloks anymore.

I love my country and I know he loves me back. DId I disappoint him? Maybe yes because I stopped trying to make him proud because of my one track mind.

On to my next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment